Have you settled for a so-so smile? You don’t have to! A dazzling smile is an achievable asset, boosting self-confidence and leaving a lasting impression. Fortunately, dental veneers, a cosmetic dental treatment, offers a solution for achieving a flawless smile. In this blog, your dentists in Houston, TX, explore how dental veneers can transform your smile and your life.
How Veneers Enhance Your Smile
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells created from tooth-colored materials such as porcelain or resin composite. These shells are bonded to the front surface of the teeth, effectively concealing imperfections and transforming the appearance of your smile. Here’s how dental veneers can transform your smile:
- Correct Tooth Discoloration
- Conceal Chipped or Worn Teeth
- Reshape Irregular Teeth
- Close Gaps
The Process of Veneer Placement
Professional teeth whitening before getting dental veneers is highly recommended. By enhancing the color of your natural teeth, professional teeth whitening ensures a uniform shade across your smile. This step is crucial as veneers cannot be whitened once they are placed. This will ensure a seamless and natural-looking result.
The placement of dental veneers typically involves the following steps:
- During your initial consultation, your dentist will evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, and create a customized treatment plan. Impressions and photographs of your teeth will be taken for precise veneer fabrication.
- To accommodate the porcelain shell, a small amount of enamel may need to be removed from the front surfaces of the teeth. This ensures a proper fit and helps achieve a natural appearance.
- While your permanent restorations are being crafted at a dental lab, temporary veneers may be placed to protect your teeth and maintain aesthetics.
- Once your beautiful new coverings are ready, your dentist will check their fit, color, and appearance. The teeth will be thoroughly cleaned, and the veneers will be carefully bonded to the tooth surfaces using a dental adhesive. Any excess material will be removed, and a final polish will be done.
Caring for Your Veneers
Maintaining proper oral hygiene and taking care of your veneers can ensure their longevity and keep your smile beautiful. Maintain six-month check-ups, brush your teeth twice a day with a non-abrasive toothpaste, and floss daily. While veneers are resistant to staining, it may be prudent to avoid stain-causing substances. Additionally, consider wearing a night guard during sleep or a mouthguard during sports or other activities that could pose a risk of dental trauma.
Schedule A Cosmetic Consultation Today
Dental veneers have the power to transform your smile dramatically. To hear more about your cosmetic options and take the first step towards a dazzling smile, give us a call at MMC Dental in Houston, TX at (713)926-8896.